Cactus Wings Aircraft Report
* N635AW A320  fuselage hulk only, finally departed PHX on 10Mar-2003 on a large flatbed rig, headed for Greenwood, MS (assuming via I-10). The aircraft had all visible markings and colors removed, making it virtually anonymous as it travels eastward. Photo posted on Cactus Wings, which clearly shows the paint job applied to it.
* The Northern Air Cargo B727 reported at Tucson last week is B727-23 N930FT , not N302FV as proposed. Speaking of N302FV, a B727 calling “RYN6001” flew TUS-ICT on 11Mar-2003 – this could be N302FV’s delivery flight, but not confirmed. (Thanks to B. Shane)
* Sikorsky S-38 (replica) NC-28V ‘Osa’s Ark’ [B414-20] made an appearance at this year’s Cactus Fly-In at Casa Grande, AZ (05-07Mar-2003). It was noted a day later at Mesa-Falcon Field. I found an online gallery of the aircraft:
* Delta B737-232 N329DL , ferried GYR-ATL on 14Mar-2003, returning to service.
* USAirways B737-4B7 N440US  ferried MHV-PHX-PIT on 11Mar-2003, returning to service.
* QANTAS B747-438 VH-OJB  ‘Wunala Dreaming’ ferried LAX-ARA (New Iberia, LA) on 11Mar-2003, for respray into the normal QANTAS colors. B747-438 VH-OJC  ‘Formula One’ positioned back to LAX from ARA later that day, having been resprayed into the normal colors. Adios to these two beautiful liveries.
* America West B737-3G7s N150AW  and N151AW  will be returned to their lessors in the next few weeks.
* America West B757-2S7 N904AW  ‘Arizona Diamondbacks’ struck a jetway at Cleveland (CLE) on 13Mar-2003. The incident occurred during pushback, and the extent of the damage is not known yet. (Thanks to Mike & Steve)
DAL9900 B72S ATL-VCV N296WA
FAO9900 B72S MIA-TUS ..
QFA6019 B744 LAX-ARA .. VH-OJB
QFA6024 B744 ARA-LAX .. VH-OJC
RYN6001 B72S TUS-ICT .. N302FV?
USA9299 B734 MHV-PHX-PIT .. N440US
N67JR B727 OAK-MHV
N747GE B747 YUM-MHV
N817US MD80 MHV-TUS
SAS9143 DC-9 MCI-ROW .. SE-DAW
UAL9878 B762 SFO-VCV .. N611UA
N242US B732 MHV-TUS
N720AA B72S SBD-PHX-MIA
AAL9763 MD80 MCI-ROW .. N9304C
AAL9764 MD80 STL-ROW .. N914TW
DAL9930 B732 GYR-ATL .. N329DL
RYN210 B722 ICT-TUS ..