Cactus Wings Aircraft Report & NBAA News
News & announcements
Cactus Wings Annual Aviation Photographer's BBQ and "Slidetoberfest"
October 8/9, 2004
For those of you visiting the Southwest USA during this year's NBAA in Las Vegas, Cactus Wings will be welcoming all of you to this year's Aviation Photographer's BBQ and "Slidetoberfest". It's our annual gathering of aviation enthusiasts for a day of slide trading, followed by an evening of dinner, drinks, and slide presentations.
This year we have planned a day tour on Friday 8th October to visit storage airfields, scrapyards, and airports in Southern Arizona. Transportation will be provided for those interested, and group access is being arranged to as many sites as possible. Seats will be somewhat limited so if you are interested in joining in on this guided tour, please let me know.
Saturday 9th October will feature an open house of slide trading & selling, along with aviation prints and other memorabilia. The Cactus Wings stored aircraft lists and other data will be available for free. Gather and chat with fellow enthusiasts. A BBQ dinner will be served and we'll congregate afterwards to view slides from several presenters.
The Copperstate Regional Fly-in is planned to be held during that weekend in October, another reason to be in the Phoenix area. Website for that is: http://www.copperstate.org/index.htm. Cactus Wings will be attending several events and will be glad to provide information and assistance to any visitors regarding the event.
So, plan on being in the Phoenix area on the weekend before the NBAA and join us & fellow enthusiasts, photographers, and spotters for the 2004 Cactus Wings Slidetoberfest.
One spotting annoucement, there is a Presidential Debate scheduled in Tempe (Phoenix) on Wednesday, 13th October 2004. Not sure what aircraft attend these events but it's worth a mention just in case.
* Delta B767-200 N102DA , was noted at Phoenix on 05May-2004 wearing the new '75th Anniversary/Spirit of Delta' color scheme. Photo at:
* Volga-Dnepr An124-200 RA-82044  was at Phoenix/Williams-Gateway on 30Apr/03May-2004 delivering Apache AH-64 helicopters to Pope AFB. The aircraft made several return trips to Pope during its visit.
* Ex-America West B737-300 N151AW , previously stored at Goodyear, was ferried GYR-INT on 04May-2004 on delivery to Pace International.
* Champion Air B727-225 N817EA , was noted at Phoenix on 07May-2004 bringing presidential candidate John Kerry to a campaign event in Phoenix.
* Ex-LOT B767-300ER EI-CXB , previously stored at Victorville, was delivered to Kenya Airways on 03/04May-2004. Noted at Heathrow on 04May-2004 as 5Y-KQR.
* Ex-Indonesian Airlines B747-300 N681SW , previously parked at Victorville, departed on 07May-2004 to HNL. It was last noted all white with no titles.
COA9971 MD80 IAH-GYR N72830
5Y-KQR B763 VCV-LHR
N17410 B72S ROW-YLW
AAL9652 F100 TUL-MHV N1412A
SKW1251 EM2 PSP-ROW
VDA4768 A124 IWA-POB
FAO9910 B72S MIA-TUS
PCE4151 B733 GYR-INT N151AW
AAL9600 F100 TUL-MHV N1455K
KHA936 B72F DFW-ROW
UAL9924 B72S VCV-GYR N7286U
N450AX DC10 airtest VCV
AAL9602 F100 TUL-MHV N1417D
AAL9603 F100 TUL-MHV
N681SW B743 VCV-HNL
Any help with tie-ups is appreciated...