Cactus Wings News
* Two aircraft were wet-leased for DOJ prisoner charters at Williams-Gateway. Vacation Express B737-300 N375PA  was present on 04Nov-2004, and TransMeridian B727-200 B727-200 N54344  was noted from 04/05Nov-2004.
* Ex-United B777-200 N207UA , previously stored at Goodyear, was re-registered PP-VRE for VARIG, and ferried GYR-LAX-GRU on 10Nov-2004 on delivery to the airline.
* Ex-United B747-400 N189UA , previously stored at Victorville, has been sold to TUI for operation by Corsair.
* Ex-ATA B727-200 N774AT , previously stored at Roswell, has been sold to LAB (Bolivia).
* Ex-Mesa Beech 1900D N82YV [UE-82], previously stored at Marana, has been leased to International Air Link, Jamaica.
* Mesa Airlines took delivery of a new CRJ-900. N926LR  arrived at Phoenix on 04Nov-2004.
* America West retired a B737-200. N186AW  flew its last revenue service on 05Nov-2004 as HP643 ONT-PHX. From 05Nov-08Nov it was parked at the America West hangar at PHX. Ferried PHX-GYR as HP7822 on 08Nov-2004, still in full c/s & titles.
* Ex-VARIG B767-200 N806HE [23806, formerly PP-VNS], previously stored at Goodyear, has been painted for Bellview Airlines, noted as such at Goodyear on 08Nov-2004.
* Ex-USAirways B737-200 N234US , currently at Tucson, has been painted for Iraqi Airways, noted as such at Tucson on 06Nov-2004.
* NASA's X-43 hypersonic research aircraft will make its third and final test flight on Monday, 15Nov-2004, at Edwards AFB. B-52 52-0008 will be used as the transport aircraft. Website at:
* This weekend, 13/14Nov, Nellis AFB hosts their annual open house, the "Las Vegas Air Show Aviation Nation 2004". Website for info at:
* Goodyear report from Mike & Steve, http://www.visitingphx.com:
Went to GYR on Saturday evening 11/6. There were plenty of bizjet
and bizprops around on the tarmac for NASCAR. DAL MD11, N801DE
arrived this week as flt# DAL9900 YMX-GYR on 11/2, and was parked in
the field wearing full colors and titles. WOA MD11 N278WA with
SonAir titles arrived as flt# WOA907 IAH-GYR on 11/5 and was parked
on the TIMCO Ramp Saturday. The Bellview B762 has now been moved
outside the hangar on the TIMCO Ramp and one side of the aircraft
has the reg. N806HE along with the nickname "Charity". This
Bellview was ex-VRG, PP-VNS. Even though there was still plastic
draped over the forward fuselage, we did manage to get a few proof
shots of it. We believe the other ex-VRG B762 PP-VNR which was on
the ramp last weekend is now in the paint bay. ex-ACA B762 N526PH
has now been moved inside the hangar, while Cielos Cargo DC10,
N305FE and WOA DC10, N353WL still appeared to inside as well. ex-
AWE B732, N180AW has now been moved to the TIMCO Ramp along with ex-
UAL B735, N944UA. All of the other UAL B735 aircraft have been
moved to the field. ex-UAL B772 N207UA was still in UAL c/s (n/t),
but re-reg'd PP-VRE this weekend, while N208UA has had its titles
and reg removed. COA B733, N14308 departed this week to IAH as flt#
COA 9970 on 11/3, while WOA DC10, N303WL departed this week as
well. ex-Dutch Caribbean MD80, PJ-SEH has now been moved to the
field. Other than those changes all of the other aircraft
previously noted at GYR still appeared to be present on Saturday.
The NASCAR Racing weekend at Phoenix was held on 06/07Nov-2004. In addition to the numerous team bizjets, the following airliners were noted around the Phoenix area:
N500PR CRJ2 Penske
N503MG B727 Roush
N508RH Saab 2000 Hendrick
N510RH G1159 Hendrick
N511RH Saab 2000 Hendrick
N509RH Saab 2000 Hendrick
N502MG B727 Roush
* A Frontier A319 and America West B757 operated charters as well.
N221CR E120 RCR
N223BD E120 Bill Davis
N229CR E120 RCR
N331CR E120 RCR
N503CG Do328 Sabco
N919EM E120 Evernham
N165MD CRJ7 YXU-TUS
N168MD CRJ7 YXU-TUS
N171MD CRJ7 STL-TUS
N175MD CRJ7 YXU-TUS
N177MD CRJ7 YXU-TUS
DAL9900 MD11 YMX-GYR N801DE
NWA9872 DC10 MSP-MZJ
SKW1501 E120 GTF-ROW-IAH
N427UE JS32 IGM-OKC
AAY9860 MD80 LAS-GYR
COA9970 B733 GYR-HOU N14308
C-FCLV CRJ2 YUL-TUS
N101UE B190 MZJ-BIL
N167MD CRJ7 YMX-TUS
AAY9860 MD80 GYR-LAS
ABD39P B757 BGR-MZJ
UAL9962 B767 LAX-VCV N618UA
WOA905 DC10 GYR-DFW
ACA7052 B767 MHV-PAE
ABD46P B757 BGR-MZJ
WOA903 MD11 GYR-LAX
N425UE JS31 IGM-ADS
WOA908 MD11 GYR-IAH
AJI9844 B732 IWA-LRD
BOE8573 MD11 BZA-GYR
CKS513 B747 IAD-TUS
FAO9901 B72S MIA-TUS
VRG9961 B777 GYR-LAX
UPS9573 MD11 GYR-HNL
N86426 B72S ICT-GYR
N93875 MD80 TUS-ROW
ABD101P B747 BGR-MZJ
FDX9022 MD11 airtest MHV
FDX9085 MD11 MHV-ANC
WOA950 DC10 airtest GYR
Any tie-ups on the above, or anything I may have missed, would be appreciated. It helps keep my database and the Cactus Wings website up to date.