Cactus Wings News
* Ex-Phuket Air B747-300 PH-BUU , previously stored at Goodyear, was re-registered N230MR and ferried GYR-PHX-HNL on 22Sep-2004.
* Ex-Aero Continente B757-200 OB-1788-P  was re-registered N151GX and ferried SAL-TUS on 21Sep-2004, and TUS-MZJ on 22Sep-2004, for maintenance & refurbishing.
* Allegiant took delivery of ex-SAS MD-83 SE-DIX  on 21Sep-2004 when it ferried BGR-PHX. It was re-registered N865GA.
* Two B747Fs visited Phoenix on 28Sep-2004. Polar Air Cargo operated N508MC  and El Al Cargo brought 4X-AXL , both were for a new IKEA store opening in Tempe.
* Ex-American (TWA) B757-200 N726TW , previously stored at Victorville, was leased to Uzbekistan Airways and re-registered VP-BUH. It ferried VCV-JFK and eastward on 27Sep-2004 on delivery.
* Ex-Midwest Express DC-9-30s N203ME , N204ME , N206ME , N207ME , and N216ME , currently stored at Tucson, will be leased to Aero California.
* Ex-USAir B737-200 N234US  and ex-Canada 3000 B737-200 C-FNAJ  have been sold to Teebah Airlines, who will operate them for Iraqi Airways. Both aircraft will be refurbished & painted at Tucson.
* Ex-Air Canada (Zip) B737-200s C-GQBB  and C-GQBH , curently stored at Mojave, have been leased to Sky Airlines, Chile.
* Ex-Swissair MD-11 HB-IWH , previously stored at Mojave, has been leased to VARIG and departed Mojave on 14Sep-2004.
* Southwest Airlines took delivery of two new B737-700s from Boeing. N484WN  was delivered to Phoenix on 24Sep-2004 and N485WN  was delivered on 22Sep-2004.
* Swift Aviation took delivery of a new EMB-135BJ Legacy. N809SG  arrived at Phoenix on delivery on 25Sep-2004.
* Scaled Composites Space Ship One N328KF  completed the first flight required to win the Ansari X prize on 29Sep-2004 at Mojave. The next flight is scheduled for 04Oct-2004. More info here:
* Virgin announced it would develop Virgin Galactic based on the Space Ship One concept. A website has been created for the project at:
* JetBlue Airways commenced service to Phoenix on 01Oct-2004. A media event and water cannon salute were held at Sky Harbor to commemorate the event. Cactus Wings attended the celebration and photos of the event will be coming soon. A320 N589JB  was ferried in from Long Beach for the event.
AAY9865 MD80 BGR-GYR
FAO9901 B72S MIA-TUS
N151GX B757 SAL-TUS
N230MR B743 GYR-PHX-HNL
N151GX B757 TUS-MZJ
N726TW B757 airtest VCV
N786BP Be2000 MZJ-VGT
COA9970 MD80 MHV-HOU
CJC9445 SF34 ABI-ROW
UAL9967 B744 SFO-VCV
WZP7050 B732 YVR-TUS C-GCPO '510'
N355UA B733 GYR-TUS
N434CA C212 MZJ-7V5
N450AX DC10 airtest VCV
N724YS B72S SBD-MHV
N840AT DC-9 BRO-TUS-LAX
CHP2893 B732 MHV-LAS
N120NE DC-9 ROW-PIE
N226G B757 IWA-PDX
AAL9676 F100 DFW-MHV N1403M
FAO902 B72S MIA-TUS
FFT9303 B733 DEN-ROW
UZB3520 B757 VCV-JFK VP-BUH
MGE705 B72F TUS-HNL
WOA913 DC10 LAX-GYR
WZP7050 B732 YVR-MHV C-GCPZ '520'
N618AU B757 MHV-ICT
JBU9001 A320 LGB-PHX N589JB (returned to LGB)
Any tie-ups on the above, or anything I may have missed, would be appreciated. It helps keep my database and the Cactus Wings website up to date.